You must be a MyPeek member to download our extensibility solutions. Click here to learn more about the benefits of membership and find out how to sign up for free.
You must have a valid maintenance contract to download this file.
If you are not a LiveAction Maintenance Customer but would like to purchase a Maintenance contract for your LiveAction product please click here for sales information.
Category : Tools
Submitted By : Savvius
Downloaded : 104 Times
Rating : Not Yet Rated
View Comments (0)The Engine Remote Adapter Sample is a Visual Studio 2013 project and Linux Make file that builds a remote adapter. A remote adapter is a plug-in that inserts packets into captures on an Engine. The Engine Remote Adapter Sample is a sample remote adapter with a simple HTML based user interface.
Instructions for building and testing the Engine Remote Adapter Sample.
Unzip the zip file into a new directory.
* Load the solution file.
* Launch Create GUID from the Tools menu and generate a new GUID, then update the plug-in's Id in OmniPlugin.cpp and the .he file.
* Build the solution. A Post Build Event will install the plugin.
* Run 'uuidgen' and update the plug-in's Id in OmniPlugin.cpp and the .he file.
* Run 'make' to build the project.
* Run 'make install' to install the plug-in.
To test the Remote Adapter:
* Start OmniEngine.
* Start OmniPeek.
* Connect to the OmniEngine.
* Select the Adapters view.
* Click the Insert button and select the AdapterUISample adapter.
* Click Configure.
* In the New Adapter section, enter a name for the new adapter, click Create to create the new adapter.
* Click Ok to close the Adapter UI Sample Options dialog.
* Close the Configure Adapters dialog.
* Locate the new adapter in the Adapters list and select Create Capture... from New Capture.
* Accept the default Capture Options.
* Start and stop the capture.
* Select the Packets view to see the packets generated by the adapter.
See the ReadMe.txt and debug-a-plugin-txt file for more information.
- Ported the adapter code to Linux.
- Added makezips.sh and updated the make file.
- Initial release with Omni 9.0 Insert Adapter support.
- Adapter configuration via HTML Preferences UI.